How about a weekend of demopartying at a wooden castle? This was the setting for Jumalauta 15 years party, and I sure couldn’t turn down the offer :)
Not much else to say about the weekend other than that it was a mellow one. The castle was a fun location, the cabins well-equipped & clean. Sauna by a lake, and another one at the party place. I decided to make a decent pile of pancakes on a large gas-heated cast iron pan outside the castle.. A little relaxed activity to fill up my late saturday afternoon schedule, and a bit of recovery booster treat for everyone at the party.
Not having a Jumalauta handle, I of course needed for the party and so after what Sauli / Jml suggested, I became ‘Man With No Jumalauta Alias’. Now then if only there had been time to work on a Jumalauta demo..! :P
I was badly occupied with this and that weeks before the party, so I found myself writing better part of my compo entries during saturday at the party place. With Tracker Heavy I managed to sketch a few patterns beforehand, but Gabber entry was written from scratch at the party. Someone told me that the final compo block (with Gabber compo in it) would start at 10pm, but it actually started one hour earlier at 9pm (oops). So there I was, hammering the keyboard to finish my entry while the compo was running. I think the 11th entry was just about to start playing when I handed in mine, and it got played last as the 13th entry. Tight call, but made it!
Downloads for my entries are:
..or just play the tunes below! The mp3s are quick headphone mix fixes I did at the party place: Rendered the individual instruments to tracks, filtered / EQ’d away some unwanted freqs, added a bit of compression etc.
With this party post out of the way, coming up next would be a way overdue post about music production workflow!